The Chesapeake Bay Log Canoe Mary Julia Hall was the S. C. Dobson, built about 1895, by James Lowery at Tilghman, Maryland.
She measures 33'-1 3⁄4" and has a beam of 6'-6 1⁄2". She has a longhead bow, a sharp stern, and a narrow, straight-sided hull. With a Tilghman racing rig she races under No. 6. She one of the last 22 surviving traditional Chesapeake Bay racing log canoes that carry on a tradition of racing on the Eastern Shore of Maryland that has existed since the 1840s.
Since the 1990s, she has been named the Mary Julia Hall and owned by Jimmy Smith of Chestertown, Maryland.
Mary Julia Hall is fresh from the Lenox Company having her gelcoat interior and exterior refurbished
Her owner, Jim Smith will be around on Saturday, November 5th to answer questions. He may even be doing a little work on her too.
She was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985.